Director of Housing & Facilities
Position Title: Director of Housing and Facilities
Location: Administration Office, sites of various property management clients as needed
Accountability: Chief Executive Officer
Last Updated: 7/26/2023
Education: Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Management or other related Field or combination of relevant education and experience.
Experience: Minimum of five years Property Management experience at a senior management level preferably in a not-for-profit organization; extensive experience working in the Social Housing field. Experience working with community based organizations and effective knowledge of available resources.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of relevant Legislation & Regulations including The Housing Services Act, 2011, The Residential Tenancies Act, 2006, the Human Rights Code and Municipal Housing Directives and Rules. Knowledge and understanding of community based service delivery systems.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director has responsibility for the day-to-day planning, coordination, direction and management of the Housing and Facilities department. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing an effective Property Management System which meets Agency Standards
- Leading and implementing ongoing Quality Improvement and Strategic Planning Initiatives.
- Managing an effective Human Resources System.
- Networking with Community Stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive approach to Service Delivery
- Managing an effective Financial Management System for the Housing and Facilities Department which meets Agency Standards
- Participating as an active member of the Management Team.
- Participating in general agency expectations
- Assuming Occupational Health and Safety responsibilities
- Participating in emergency response measures
- High level of oral communication skills required.
- High Level of written communication skills to draft letters and reports for use internally and externally;
- High level of networking skills and proven skill in working effectively with others including tenants, internal staffing and community partners.
- High level of understanding of financial processes including reporting, budgeting and capital planning.
- Effective understanding and sensitivity to the needs of tenants living in community housing, including people with physical disabilities;
- Strong advocacy, planning, analytical and evaluation skills at an agency and department level;
- Effective problem-solving and decision making skills;
- Knowledge of current trends in social housing, policies and procedures and property management through ongoing professional learning and management development.
- Utilize efficient organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize work demands and set realistic, specific goals and objectives;
- Utilize proficient computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing and data base skills (i.e. YARDI systems);
- Research and understand current housing and facilities processes and make improvements as needed;
- Utilize financial management skills to understand financial concepts to ensure data is accurate and develop budgets and financial reporting;
- Utilize human resource management skills to effectively manage and supervise others and delegate work as appropriate;
- Utilize excellent problem solving and analytical skills to resolve employee and tenant issues and ensure satisfaction;
- Work independently and under pressure to complete tasks and meet deadlines;
- Define realistic, specific goals and objectives & to prioritise objectives;
- Write clearly and effectively present ideas and document activities;
- Read and interpret written information including complex legislation.
- Organize or schedule people and tasks;
- Develop and to ensure the development of realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability;
Criminal Reference Check:
Acceptable criminal reference check required.
Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle required.
Manager of Housing and Facilities
Maintenance Supervisor & Maintenance Workers
Please submit your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline date to submit is August 8th, 2023.